Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Father's Day is one of those days God uses in your life to help you evaluate big things such as life, death, family, impact, and future. Yesterday was such a day for me. Thinking through how much I am blessed with such a wonderful wife and beautiful daughters coupled with my 40th birthday a week from tomorrow brings life into greater focus.
My heart leaps when my 10 year old tells me she loves me with all of her love. It soars at the thought that God's love is so much grander.
My prayer is that I will not take the life I have been given for granted but to truly ask God to "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom" (Psalm 90:12) "

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled to see that you have started a blog. I can't wait to follow you around the world!!!
    Alycia

    ReplyDelete