Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Birthday in London






Well, it only took me 40 years, but I made it to London. What a wonderful day (sans the traffic). I had a blast celebrating my birthday with good friends in a city I have always wanted to visit. Word of the celebration of my birth must have spread, because they had bands playing at Buckingham Palace. The Queen herself was in town, and today, history was made as a military unity just returned from Afghanistan was allowed into Parliament (no, really, this is the first time in British history that such an event has occurred, and British history is considerably longer than ours).
All kidding aside, I am humbled and grateful for so many family and friends who have sent well wishes today. I love you very much.
May God be more glorified in my life in the days to come.

P.S.- The shot of Big Ben is for my girls and the nondescript building at the top is for all Bond fans (Hint: It's MI-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment