Saturday, July 4, 2009

Final Day in London




What an incredible week. I am blessed to have been apart of it. I have traced steps I have always heard and read about, and relived history by visiting the places it happened.
So what does this mean regarding leadership (the purpose of my PhD)? First, it reminds me that leadership is not a new concept and seeking leadership lessons from the past is critical for leading in the future. Second, leadership is costly as decisions made may affect generations to come. Third, leadership does not exist in a vacuum, but is a living breathing discipline requiring wisdom, flexibility, and faith.
I have enjoyed my time in the UK, but on this Independence Day am reminded of the blessing it is to live in America. I am looking forward to getting home (albeit a short respite before Brazil) and sleep in my own bed, talk to my family for under .99 per minute, and eat something that is fried. God bless the USA! Cherri-o.
P.S.- Posted are some pictures from John Wesley's Chapel, St. Paul's Cathedral, and the British Museum. Stay tuned for the Brazil '09 blog starting on July 9th. Thanks for following me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment